National Forest is looking to expand its team with a super talented Director of Design and Print. We want a motivated, self-starter, who is resourceful and ready to tackle all things catalog and print. A keen eye for design and a knack for project management are a must.
NF Director Print & Design Services
National Forest is a 12 year old design and branding agency with a focus on custom, branded illustration in addition to a print catalog business which has experienced consistent growth year over year. We have an awesome, small team that creates beautiful work, always delivered on time to our clients. And we always work with clients we love!
We are looking for a team member who will be integral to our business as we grow. This person must be an initiative taker, who gets things moving without needing to be prompted; intrinsically knows the best next steps for a client or project. Ideally, this role will be able to bridge the skills necessary to manage all facets of the print catalog client(s) and a portion of our design and illustration client projects. This role is a blend of production manager with the client-facing aspects of an account manager. We would love for this person to manage project workflows and be able to audit our current processes and make recommendations that they will own, for improvements that will enable business growth.
The director of print and design services is responsible for the strategic vision and leadership of a multi-faceted operation that offers design and graphics creation along with digital and catalog design/production services. This role also oversees all outsource print and print related services and negotiates contracts with service and supply product vendors.
We value: Resourcefulness, Integrity, Moxy, Effort, Respect, Teamwork, Stewardship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to):
- Actively contribute to the development of the agency’s culture and standards of quality
- Stakeholder in studio level strategy, and provide an active voice in resolving business issues
- Lead production in project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, and problem solving
- Involved in P&L, forecasting, budgeting, and business design
- Possess the knowledge and experience to manage client expectations around scope creep and change orders that occur mid-project and impacts to budgets and delivery timelines
- Audit and identify process improvements, proactively presenting suggestions for increased efficiencies in regard to briefing, workflow, communications and software platforms
- Identify the best internal project management tool for projects companywide, set up and train team
- Track hours and other relevant project data for reporting purposes
- Manage daily workflow for the design and production teams
- Serve as liaison between clients and the production team, spearheading tough conversations about budget, timelines, and direction with confidence and professionalism, ensuring clear lines of communication and fostering a collaborative environment
- Promptly follow up with clients regarding production questions and concerns
- Clearly and proactively communicate project status to clients through weekly meetings, recapping any feedback, decisions or next steps to both the client and the production team
- Provide oversight and quality assurance
- Bring leadership to our clients through proactive strategy development, process improvement, alternative formats and cost savings ideas.
- Participate in future RFP or RFQ pricing exercises and responses.
- Assist in preparing and presenting client presentations as needed.
- Manage the on-boarding process of new clients.
- Manage production activities on assigned accounts, collaborating with internal teams, from concept development through completion.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of photo retouching and color correction; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Self motivated, resourceful and approach new opportunities with a positive attitude
- Excellent project management skills
- Time Management
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to implement the solutions
- Can see projects through from conception to execution with an impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to interact with clients at an executive level
- Great presentation skills and a thirst for knowledge
- Effectively manage the day to day operational functions of multiple clients, across multiple verticals
- Ability to work under deadlines while successfully executing multiple campaigns.
- Ability to represent Production as a skilled, senior level subject matter expert; experience in presenting an informed point-of-view and technical expertise to a project team.
- Effectively manage production budgets for multiple campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4+ years of experience in print/catalogue production
- 2+ years graphics studio management
- 2+ years client facing/account responsibilities, including resolving difficult situations, with little to no supervision
- Experience creating processes to support live operations
- Demonstrate ability to be a strong team leader
- A proven history of managing small to large size print & digital design projects
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume, portfolio, and any other relevant materials.